Craig and I have raised and released 2 sons into the adult world. Now, married and daddy's to little boys of their own we are joyously wathcing them build their own households of faith.
On the occasion of our youngest son's birthday, I thought I would share about what I loved about getting to raise boys. Here is my Top Ten Tuesday list of things I loved about raising boys. I miss it.
1. I was the only girl in our family and I was treated like a queen.
2. Someone was always around to open a stubborn pickle jar.
3. They thought I was a great cook even if the dish was mediocre.
4. I never had to pump my own gas.
5. Our house was very loud and I like loud!
6. Bear hugs.
7. During their teenage years we spent more on groceries per month than we did on our house note.
8. We went through 7 gallons of milk a week when they were teenagers and countless boxes of Little Debbie's.
9. A lack of drama but never a lack of fun.
10. Little boys are the only thing God uses to grow men. I loved watching them grow into great and godly men.
Jason and Dawson, you were great fun to raise and a delight to know as adult men. We love you and are so proud of both of you. Blessings.
Linked to Top Ten Tuesday.